Get your day off to the right start with this cannabis pancake recipe. This method will change how to think about pancakes forever. The oatmeal gives the pancakes something to stick to your ribs, and the cannabutter only makes them better. It yields 12 pancakes, but it can be cut in half.
- 1 ½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons packed Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 Cups Milk or Buttermilk*
- 6 Tablespoons infused Butter (melted) or Canola Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
*You can make your buttermilk by substituting 1 tablespoon of milk with white vinegar or lemon juice per cup, but regular milk works just as well.
- Grind oats in food processor until they are powdery, but there are still chunks of oats. You may grind the oats more fine if you prefer.
- Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugars, and cinnamon (optional) in a large bowl. Stir until well ingredients are well mixed.
- In another bowl, add egg, oil mixture, and vanilla. Whisk together until combined and air bubbles begin to form in the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture and milk into dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just mixed
- Heat griddle to medium heat, melt a tablespoon of regular butter on the pan, and spoon batter onto preheated griddle
- Cook the pancakes until the edges begin to slightly brown and bubbles form in the batter, flip and let cook until evenly browned
- Serve while hot, top with butter and syrup and enjoy!
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips to make these pancakes an even sweeter start to your day.
- Peanut butter and bananas make for a healthier, but still tasty, topping.
- If possible, use a sativa strain for your infused butter for a daytime high.